Monday, September 2, 2013

Mani Monday...Happy Labor Day!!!

Hi Guys!!!

So, recently it was brought to my attention the "risk of pregnancy & breast feeding while wearing nail polish".  I had heard of this but forgot about it.  I did some research regarding the different brands I use.  I discovered that my polish remover is concerning, so I am on the lookout for a natural remover.  Until I find one and as discussed with both my daughter's pediatrician and my own doctor, I am not going to stress about it.  I've been informed that because I am washing it off my hands before polish application & not handling her while it's immediately been used, she is in no harm & neither is my milk supply.  I also researched nail polish & specifically the brands I use.  Such as OPI, Essie, & Zoya.  There doesn't seem to be any danger in those either.  The cheap salons tend to carry the dangerous stuff.

As I'm glad I got to research this & found the whole kit & caboodle very interesting, I am relieved that I don't have a whole lot to worry about, as I love to polish my toes & nails.  I also have a huge array of polish & would be devastated to have to restart my polish supply.  I do plan to keep my life very natural & organic but know that I can not control everything & will do my honest best.  I do accept that not everything I use will be organic & 100% natural but that's the way life is sometimes.

So, as it is a holiday & we were busy this past weekend with our lil one & the little bit of free time I did have, I was researching...it's a couple days of breathing for my nails.  : )  It is always to good to let those puppies breath & nourish them with cuticle oil & plenty of hand lotion.

Happy Labor Day, folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment