Friday, August 30, 2013

Nursing

Hi there!!

As a new mom, there are a lot of questions that come to mind, while blindly entering this unfamiliar room.  While taking on breastfeeding, I decided to go ahead and utilize a book recommended, for my daunting questions. I am loving this book, as it is more informative on the behavior of babies & breastfeeding.  I am thoroughly enjoying it as it is opening my mind.....When I make time to read it, which is usually while breastfeeding.  I love that I can jump around it too.  It's not something I'd ever feel the need to read straight through, which never happens.  Don't go into the room blindly & hope you can figure it all out.  I totally thought the internet would suffice. I would totally recommend utilizing a Lactation Consultant or be prepared by attending La Leche League's meetings or read a book about it.  I had to get more facts & information on my own.  I had too many unanswered questions & decided to dive in.

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding By La Leche League International.

I've also endured Lansinoh Disposable Breast Pads, which I'm not all that thrilled with.  They were great when I leaked colostrum in my 7th month, as I didn't need pads in all the time.  Since I am nursing so constant & have made this a prominent piece of my routine, I wanted reusable pads.  My favorite reusable breast pads are La Leche League's & these natural organic cotton kind.  La Leche, I love for going out & the Organic for everyday.  La Leche's are formed as a cup.  The Organic are flat & very form fitting.

I'd love to get your nursing feedback. Please feel free to comment below or email me at vanessaslosson@gmail.com

Happy Nursing! : )





No comments:

Post a Comment