Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October's Favorite Products

October has a lot of favorites!  These are mostly adult items, one baby item.  I hope you enjoy my favorite products...Amlactin body lotion, the Makeup Guard Card by Ollie Girl, Physicians Formula Warm Nude Eye Liner Trio, Bobbi Brown Brow Gel, Le Metier De Beaute Creme Lip & Cheek Tint, NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar, Mustela Physiobebe, Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, and Revlon Really Red Matte Lipstick.

Amlactin body lotion:  This lotion is great for dry, rough skin.  It has 12% lactic acid & pH balanced.  It encourages natural skin cell renewal through exfoliation.  It does offer intense hydration & is fragrance free.  I decided to give this lotion a try because I have Keratosis Pilaris on the back of my arms.  Keratosis Pilaris is a common skin condition that causes rough patches on the skin and small bumps, which are red or white.  This condition does not itch or hurt.  While I was pregnant this condition went away but came back a month after delivering.  It is not that noticeable but annoys me.  I thought I'd give this lotion a try to remedy it.  I used this lotion every other day & have noticed a slight difference.  I plan to increase my use & see if it rids the Keratosis Pilaris.  I have used this lotion on my legs, cooli & hips, tummy area, & arms.  It is amazing, in that it leaves my skin super silky & soft.  

Amlactin can be found at drugstores & target.  

The Makeup Guard Card by Ollie Girl:  This product invention is genius!  It's great for catching eyeshadow residue that falls under the eye & is an amazing tool for getting the perfect winged cat eye.  I love this card for applying mascara too!  Have you ever put mascara on & find you have excess on the lids?  This helps catch the excess by holding the card along your lash line while applying mascara, the excess goes on the card, not your lid. No more clean up or raccoon eyes from your smoky eye look.  Yes, I am friends with the inventor but I truly love this tool.  





Physicians Formula Warm Nude Eye Liner Trio: These eyeliners come in various shades and are amazing.  I prefer the warm nude because they enhance my light, hazel, green eyes.  These liners are gorgeous with light reflective flecks &go on with ease.  They are creamy yet stay put.  I love the black for tight lining & the 2 lighter pencils for the bottom lash line.  This can be found at most drugstores.




Bobbi Brown Brow Gel in Blonde: This brow gel comes in different shades to compliment your brow color.  I use the blonde & LOVE it!  During the week & for daytime, I love this brow gel.  It offers great pigment for sparse brow hairs & fills beautifully.  I've tried other brands & nothing tops these.  They're quick & easy, to fill & define brows.  Shop bobbibrowncosmetics.com



Le Metier De Beaute Creme Fresh Tint for Lips & Cheeks in Coral Nymph:  These creme blushes are amazing & the colors are absolutely beautiful, they wear well for a creme blush. Coral Nymph is my favorite because it's a fresh coral color that compliments most.  It doesn't clash with lipsticks & warms the complexion beautifully.   I love it mostly as a blush but also on the lips as it offers a pretty pale lip.  Poppy, Mystique, & Ginger Lily are other favorites.  You can find Le Metier De Beaute at select Neiman Marcus's or dermstore.com



NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar:  This lipstick is a gorgeous matte, it's silky with a pretty nude purply pink shade.  It is not drying yet stays put.  I love this shade for fall as it's a bit of a deeper nude on pale or medium skin tones.  NYX can be found at Ulta Cosmetics.




Mustela Physiobebe No Rinse Cleansing Fluid:  I love this for Penelope!!  I use this every morning on a baby washcloth to wash Pipp's face and in her little neck crevices.  I also wipe her hands down to clean them of bacteria.  This product removes impurities while hydrating & leaving baby's skin soft & supple.  I always follow with California Baby's Calendula Cream because Pipp's skin is on the dry side.  This is quick & easy for our morning face wash & routine.  Mustela Physiobebe can be found at giggle stores, giggle.com, or target.  
Little bit goes a long way & this product does last quite awhile.  


Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel:   I have been trying to embrace my pale skin, which isn't the fairest of fair, but I LOVE a tan, so this a rough transition.  While embracing this, I've been trying to give myself extra exfoliation.  I have used this cleanser in the past & thought this would be great for my pores, any pigmentation issues, & minimizing fine lines & wrinkles.  Let me tell you, this stuff is amazing!  It thoroughly removes face makeup while tightening pores & minimizing fine lines, with grapefruit & papaya extracts.  It has helped soften the faint sun spots on my nose.  This maintains the pH in your skin while promoting skin cell turnover & exfoliation.  A little bit goes a long way & I love it in the evening.  
Find Mario Badescu products at MarioBadescu.com, Ulta Stores, or select Blue Mercury locations.  



Favorite Red Lipstick: Revlon Really Red, which is a great dupe of MAC Russian Red.  This is a beautiful warm matte red.  This color compliments warmer skins & really makes my eyes pop.  I love this lipstick as it wears well & the color really works with my overall complexion. Brighter colors & brighter washes of color look best on pale skin, so that's where I've clung to red lips or a bright cheek.
Find Revlon at most drugstores. 


I am not endorsed by any of these brands or distributors, these are based off of my purchases and opinions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment