Monday, July 8, 2013

Baby Skin Care Must Have's

As my career is focused around good skincare, I want the absolute best for my lil peanut girl.  I have done quite a bit of research, as to different brands, ingredients, consumer reviews, etc.    I have carefully chosen my Must Have's for her.  
Please feel free to leave a comment on what your baby must have's are!!!


 Boudreaux's Butt Paste is my chosen cooli cream.  My sister in-law highly recommended it as well as my mom.  I received this original formula & an all natural formula, I will try both & see which is preferred.
Can be purchased at diapers.com: http://www.diapers.com/p/boudreauxs-butt-paste-4-oz-tube-5142
Mustela Dermo-Cleansing Cleanser was chosen because it is soap free & easily removed from newborn's skin specifically during those early sponge bath moments, as we must avoid getting the delicate umbilical cord wet for proper healing.  I also really like that this cleanser is soothing with coconut oil which also preserves the hydrolopidic film, aka skin's natural moisture barrier.  After we use this cleanser up, I plan to use Honest's Shampoo & Body Wash.  This is an organic cleanser that can & will be used for the whole family containing jojoba & quinoa, plus amino acids.

Mustela Dermo-Cleansing can be purchased at giggle: http://www.giggle.com/bath-potty/skincare/Mustela-Dermo-Cleansing/20730,default,pd.html?start=16&cgid=bath-potty-skincare

Honest Shampoo & Body Wash can be purchased at Honest: https://www.honest.com/accept_invitation/209555
Mustela Facial Cleansing Cloths, I thought would be great for the diaper bag.  They are gentle and soothing.  I may find that these are more frivolous than necessary,  but couldn't resist.  : )

http://www.giggle.com/bath-potty/skincare/Mustela-Facial-Cleansing-Cloths/18302,default,pd.html?start=11&cgid=bath-potty-skincare
I truly do hope & pray everyday that our Lil Penelope has hair when she's born.  I had a lot of hair & so did Jay.  Don't get me wrong, bald babies are super cute & along with that I pray for her health, which is of the utmost importance.  I just want my lil one's born with hair, it's just a goofy little thing I have.  If she is not, then I will be equally as happy.  : )
I did purchase this Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns specifically because it offers a mild exfoliation that helps soften & rinse away cradle cap flakes.  I don't mind cradle cap on other babies, I just again have a weird little quirk where I'd rather eliminate it as much as possible on my kids.  : )  It is tear free, as well.

Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns can be purchased from giggle: http://www.giggle.com/bath-potty/skincare/Mustela-Foam-Shampoo-for-Newborns/1062PF,default,pd.html?start=14&cgid=bath-potty-skincare
I chose Honest Bubble Bath for later down the line.  This is ultra-pure & soothing.  It will not dry, irritate, or cause tears.  It has a light refreshing tangerine scent which gently calms & relaxes.  I plan on using this for myself, as well.  Honest products can be purchased at Honest.com : https://www.honest.com/accept_invitation/209555
Along with skincare comes laundry detergent.  Clothing touches skin so this was equally as important to me.  I have actually always had issues with laundry detergents, softeners, and drier sheets, as they have caused me to itch & break out in hives.  Now I know Dreft is a hugely popular choice for baby wash but due to all the crazy chemicals & strong smell, I decided not to go with it.  Honest laundry detergent is amazing!!!!  It cleans incredibly, has no scent, offers a neutral pH, & is hypo-allergenic.

I actually partake in Honest's bundle programs.  I do not work a full time job outside of the home and do not have a car at this moment, so being that our Honest bundles ship to our home, the products are better for us, our future baby, better for the earth, & so on, it was a no-brainer.  We are signed up for 2 of their bundles.  The Diapers & Wipes bundle which is postponed til I need it & the Essentials Bundle.  The Essentials Bundle is about $35/ month.  You can chose between every 4, 6, or 8 weeks.  I tend to need my bundle shipped every 4 or 6 weeks.  You do not get charged til your next bundle ships.  I love that everything within the bundle plan is adjustable by time frame, items needed, and can be put on hold whenever necessary. You can also add more than the 5 products that you choose from for $35.
So everything in our home is turning into Honest products.  You can purchase these items individually, if you like.
Purchase or sign up for your Honest Bundle: https://www.honest.com/accept_invitation/209555
With our Honest Diaper & wipe program, we pay for the diapers & receive FREE wipes!!  These wipes are cloth, thicker, stronger, more absorbent, & softer medical grade cloth.  They are soothing & biodegradable!!!
Purchase Honest Wipes: https://www.honest.com/accept_invitation/209555

Mustela PhysiObebe is a no-rinse cleansing fluid.  This is amazing for the face & diaper area.  Softens skin with allantoin & aloe vera.  I've read countless times that when a baby is a super fresh newborn, you should refrain from using wipes.  I thought this would be an excellent product for the first weeks & use with soft gentle wash rags or cotton, to clean her little cooli.  I realize this may be a bit frivolous of a product but I really wanted it.  : )
Mustela PhysiObebe can be purchased at giggle: http://www.giggle.com/bath-potty/skincare/Mustela-PhysiObebe/18160,default,pd.html?start=12&cgid=bath-potty-skincare
Now, I have always heard amazing things about California Baby from both my sister in-laws.  This travel caddy I received as a gift from one of those heavenly women.  : )  I was thrilled to get this because I did see this at Target & thought what a great way to try the different products.  The sizes are amazing for travel & I love that this set comes with everything baby needs.  The products on the bottom row are also reusable & refillable....LOVE!!!!
California Baby products are gluten, soy, oat, & dairy free.  Free from various nuts except coconut derivatives.  Offer no synthetic fragrances, tear free, & organic.  They are also made in a solar powered facility...FUN! : )
Travel caddy can be purchased within some local Target Stores or: http://www.californiababy.com/eco-traveler.html



California Baby Calendula Cream, I did purchase in the family size.  I figured, why not?!  I plan to use it on Penelope's face & body.  It can be used for the diaper area.  Calendula is soothing & this cream offers deep hydration, absorbs well, and works very well for that dreaded cradle cap! : )  Might I add, it smells heavenly with added natural aromatherapy blend that includes French Lavender.  

Calendula Cream can be purchased in 2 sizes at: http://www.californiababy.com/calendula-cream-4oz.html


No comments:

Post a Comment