Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

As Mother's Day is approaching and I am on my way to becoming a Mother, I've thought of some ways I can make this one a tad more special, than the rest.  I don't know if I will accomplish just that but know we are in for a very pleasant day.  We always do enjoy our Mother's Day outings.  I'd love to make it more special because not only is my mom my best friend but I know she will make the most wonderful grammie!!!  I know my daughter will want to be with her Grammie more than anyone in the world.  My mother has even stated that is her aim.  : )


For Mother's Day the past few years, my sister, mom, & I spend the morning getting pedicures and enjoying breakfast, brunch, or lunch.  This is something we all enjoy, especially mi mammasita.  It's relaxing and doesn't take up an entire day.  We have done low key pedi's & simple breakfast from Onion Roll to lunch at a really cheap taco joint.  We have even done the cheap quick pedi/mani places to the slightly more expensive fancier establishments.  They are all equally enjoyable as we spend time together chatting up a storm & laughing our fannies off.


I know some mom's to be may expect something special for Mother's Day, I personally do not think you should be honored as a Mother on this special day, til you actually go through the process of down right being a mom.  Being a mom is a very tough job with many beautiful rewards, where I think then Mother's Day is appreciated even more so!


; )

Happy Mother's Day to all those beautiful wise women out there.  I hope you enjoy the day with your child(ren).

Here are some gift ideas I thought would touch any Mom's heart:

 Brunch is always yummy!
 Pamper mom with a facial, mani, or pedi.
 A nice framed photo of you & her can always have a lasting impression.
jayneboutique.com Jayne is located at 7423 Madison Forest Park, IL 60130
This is an absolute gem of a boutique.  You can find many great gift items!  I love the vibrant colored wristlets, you can even throw in a great smelling hand cream and fashionable ring or earrings.  
a pretty ring stating the obvious!
An enjoyable day at the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Planetarium, Museum of Science & Industry, or one of Chicago's art museums can be a great day to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment